Interested in becoming a member of the Cos Cob Volunteer Fire Company?
We’d love to have you as part of our family!
Please fill in the information below and a recruitment specialist will contact you as soon as possible to assist with the application process, discuss the advantages of volunteering in the fire service, and joining over 80 years of dedicated tradition.
All applications will be followed up with an in-person interview, and are subject to approval by the Executive Board of the Cos Cob Volunteer Fire Company.
There are many benefits in joining:
- Medical/life insurance
- Training stipends
- Paid fire watch for private functions
- Property Tax savings up to $1,000 (home or auto)
- $7.50 per emergency response in your personal vehicle
- Leadership and rank advancement
- Protecting your friends and Neighbors lives and belongings
Prospective members must be at least 18 years of age.
A town physical (Spirometry, EKG stress test, general physical tests, and a health exam), criminal background check and training will be required for those looking to become active, interior firefighters.